We are appreciative of the parents and students who volunteered to present at our Pre-Audition Meeting on November 28. Our applicant pool is very strong for next year, so thank you to everyone who reached out to encourage applicants to apply to our program!
Senior Project Fundraiser:
PARENTS NIGHT OUT-Incredible Childcare!
DECEMBER 16, 2017 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Stagecraft and Design is holding a “Parents Night Out” where you can drop off your children with us and have a great window of time for a fantastic date night, time for final holiday shopping, or just a couple hours without the kids!
There will be high school students, teachers, and parents looking out for your child. There is also a school security guard who will be present. We will show an age appropriate movie and have different activities for the kids to do such as making slime and painting!
Pizza and snacks will be provided!
We ask for kiddos to be 3 and older, unless special accommodations have been made, please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Space is limited, please visit our website seniorprojectevents2018.wordpress.com to secure your reservation! It will be $35 per single child and $10 for additional siblings for the 5 hour window and a great opportunity for both parents and kids to have a FANTASTIC night!
On December 16, we will have a check-in counter in the front rotunda of Denver School of the Arts to check in the kids, sign waivers, and collect Emergency Contact Information. We will only be able to accept cash or check.
Parents are welcome to drop off their child any time after 5PM and pick up anytime before 10PM
Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds will go to the Stagecraft and Design Senior Project
If you want to download a pdf about the event, please Click Here
Payment due dates: $300 due on January 12; $300 due on February 9. If you are able to pay both amounts in January that would be helpful so that we can make reservations sooner.
We will have a mandatory meeting Monday January 22 at 6:30pm to go over all the trip details, itinerary, rules & expectations. All students traveling and at least one parent must attend. Attendance at this meeting is a DPS requirement for overnight trips. At that time all the forms listed below in addition to a copy of the students insurance card will be due. Tracy Holt, DSA’s arts secretary, will also be in attendance at that meeting to notarize form #2 (the durable power of attorney for medical care for off campus trips).
The following forms can be found on the USITT page:
1. Medication Declaration Form
2. Durable Power of Attorney for Medical Care for Off Campus Trip
3. Parent/Guardian Release Agreement and Consent to Emergency Treatment
Both parents must sign all the paperwork if applicable. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com
King Soopers Cards
Great job to those of you using your gift cards! We have reached a new record and made our goal of $5,000 or more in total sales for three months in a row! That means we have been getting checks from King Soopers for $250 or more each month, which is an incredible support for our department. Please keep using them, and if you need more for family members or others who want to help our department, please contact Dianna Litvak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Gives Day – Fill the Gap Update
Thank you to everyone who has already contributed to the Fill the Gap fundraising campaign. For those who have not contributed, the school can use your support at what ever level fits your budget. You can make a tax-deductible one-time or monthly donations by going to the Denver School of the Arts Friends Foundation donation page at:
- The DSA Guest Artist Program has been completely funded for this school-year ($400,000)
- DSA has launched a Guest Scholar Program which enhances academic classrooms with scholars who provide project support, lectures, tutoring and academic enrichment ($50,000)
- Various DSA capital upgrades have been funded including new risers for the Black Box Theatre (replacing old risers that were unsafe), new tools for Stagecraft and Design (replacing old tools that were unsafe), and the upcoming installation of video monitors in the hallways to provide announcements, events and other DSA communication ($50,000)
Phase 2 of Fill the Gap Campaign will fund the following:
- Academic and arts teachers will be asked to prioritize specific needs within their classroom, which will be addressed systematically
- The addition of a 3rd security guard, ensuring the safety of students and guests during DSA’s long building hours
- Important technology enhancements and upgrades in academic classrooms, and in arts classrooms where appropriate.
- Replacement of the current defective Concert Hall screen with a new retractable screen. Since the Concert Hall is used at various times by all DSA students and parents, the new screen will benefit the school as a whole.
- Purchase of more Promethean Boards for academic classrooms
- Purchase of industry-standard equipment for the various arts–(this is not covered by the district)
The Stagecraft & Design department has reached an agreement with the Colorado Community College system that will allow student to receive 18 credits and a Certificate in Theatre and Event Technology. There is no cost associated with these classes as the College Opportunity Fund is used to cover the costs. To complete the certificate students will have to complete three classes at Community College of Denver and three classes at Aurora Community College. Here is the info about the certificate and the courses the students will need to take:
In order to allow students to take the maximum number of courses, we will be offering two college classes during the Spring semester of 2018. In order to be enrolled in the courses, students must complete an application to the Community College of Denver by Friday, December 15. The link to the college application is below. In completing the application, students will need to provide ID in the form of a Social Security Number, ITIN, Green Card or Alien Registration Number. They also must supply Colorado residency information for their parents which will include the following:
- • Motor Vehicle registration (Month & Year)
- • Date registered to vote in Colorado
- • Dates of Employment
- • Year Colorado taxes have been filed
Click on the link below to go to the College Registration page for the Community College of Denver:
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Jonathan Howard at: email@example.com
Thank you for your support of DSA and the Stagecraft & Design program!