Senior Project Fundraiser:
PARENTS NIGHT OUT-Incredible Childcare!
DECEMBER 16, 2017 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Stagecraft and Design is holding a “Parents Night Out” where you can drop off your children with us and have a great window of time for a fantastic date night, time for final holiday shopping, or just a couple hours without the kids!
There will be high school students, teachers, and parents looking out for your child. There is also a school security guard who will be present. We will show an age appropriate movie and have different activities for the kids to do such as making slime and painting!
Pizza and snacks will be provided!
We ask for kiddos to be 3 and older, unless special accommodations have been made, please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Space is limited, please visit our website seniorprojectevents2018.wordpress.com to secure your reservation! It will be $35 per single child and $10 for additional siblings for the 5 hour window and a great opportunity for both parents and kids to have a FANTASTIC night!
On December 16, we will have a check-in counter in the front rotunda of Denver School of the Arts to check in the kids, sign waivers, and collect Emergency Contact Information. We will only be able to accept cash or check.
Parents are welcome to drop off their child any time after 5PM and pick up anytime before 10PM
Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds will go to the Stagecraft and Design Senior Project
If you want to download a pdf about the event, please Click Here
Parent Volunteers needed for Pre-Audition meeting on Nov. 28
We need parent volunteers to help us during our Pre-Audition meeting on Nov. 28. The faculty will be presenting from 6:00-6:30pm and then we would like to have some current parents available from 6:30-7:15pm to talk with prospective parents and answer questions that they may have about the program. If you are available to be at the meeting on Nov. 28 from 6:30-7:15pm, please send an email to Jonathan Howard at email@example.com. Thank you.
King Soopers Cards
Great job to those of you using your gift cards! We have reached a new record and made our goal of $5,000 or more in total sales for three months in a row! That means we have been getting checks from King Soopers for $250 or more each month, which is an incredible support for our department. Please keep using them, and if you need more for family members or others who want to help our department, please contact Dianna Litvak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill the Gap Update
Thank you to everyone who has already contributed to the Fill the Gap fundraising campaign. For those who have not contributed, the school can use your support at what ever level fits your budget. You can make a tax-deductible one-time or monthly donations by going to the Denver School of the Arts Friends Foundation donation page at:
- The DSA Guest Artist Program has been completely funded for this school-year ($400,000)
- DSA has launched a Guest Scholar Program which enhances academic classrooms with scholars who provide project support, lectures, tutoring and academic enrichment ($50,000)
- Various DSA capital upgrades have been funded including new risers for the Black Box Theatre (replacing old risers that were unsafe), new tools for Stagecraft and Design (replacing old tools that were unsafe), and the upcoming installation of video monitors in the hallways to provide announcements, events and other DSA communication ($50,000)
Phase 2 of Fill the Gap Campaign will fund the following:
- Academic and arts teachers will be asked to prioritize specific needs within their classroom, which will be addressed systematically
- The addition of a 3rd security guard, ensuring the safety of students and guests during DSA’s long building hours
- Important technology enhancements and upgrades in academic classrooms, and in arts classrooms where appropriate.
- Replacement of the current defective Concert Hall screen with a new retractable screen. Since the Concert Hall is used at various times by all DSA students and parents, the new screen will benefit the school as a whole.
- Purchase of more Promethean Boards for academic classrooms
- Purchase of industry-standard equipment for the various arts–(this is not covered by the district)
Thank you for your support of DSA and the Stagecraft & Design program!