Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year!
Below is information to help prepare you for the school year ahead. We look forward to getting the year off to a great start and hopefully the information below will answer any questions you have. A special welcome to all of our new students and families!
Stagecraft & Design Website:
You will find important resources on our web page at http://dsapresents.org/sd/. Please bookmark this website and use it as a resource throughout the year! The list of Required Equipment and Clothing can also be found on the website.
Mark Your Calendars! Upcoming Events:
Visit the department calendar on the Stagecraft website: http://dsapresents.org/sd/calendar/
This calendar will be kept up to date throughout the school year. Please refer to it early and often!
9th Grade Academy
- Monday, August 6 – Friday, August 10, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 7, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (11th and 12th grades)
- Wednesday, August 8, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (9th and 10th grades)
S&D Back-to-School Family Ice Cream Social and Informational Session:
Wednesday, August 16, 6:30 – 7:30pm in the DSA Commons
This event is required for parents & students – Important department information will be shared, including:
- Calendar info
- General department operation procedures and expectations
- Volunteer opportunities (we hope every family will take advantage of opportunities to help and become a part of our Stagecraft community!)
- Meet the new Stagecraft & Design students & families
First day of school for new students: August 20
First day of school for everyone: August 21
Back to school night: Thursday, August 23, 6:00 – 8:15 pm
Performances and call schedules
As always, the performance schedule for the year is jam-packed, with S&D involvement in numerous shows. Check the calendar for performance information and work/run crew call schedules. We will finalize all the crew positions for the first semester during the first couple of days at school. Each student will receive a contract with their required work call/run crew responsibilities. It is your student’s responsibility to know when they are expected to be at call! If they don’t know, tell them to find out.
Here’s what is on the horizon for the first semester:
- Breakfast with Shrek & the Fairytale Characters: September 8 (fundraiser for the Stagecraft & Design senior project)
- All-School Musical – Shrek, The Musical: September 13-16 & 20-23 (many parent volunteers will be needed to staff concessions for these performances)
- Stagecraft & Design Haunted House:October 31
- Fall Dance Concert(Schomp Theatre): November 2-3
- Silent Sky (Black Box Theatre): November 9 – 11
- Fall Play – Normal Heart (Schomp Theatre): November 29-December 1
- Music Concerts (Concert Hall): Many performances throughout the first semester.